Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Knitted Pears!

I've been knitting since I was little... but have really pursued the craft over the last 6 or 8 years, taking classes and learning techniques.  Finally last year, I decided to combine my fashion design career with my knitting skills, and designed my first knitted item - a pear!  My sister-in-law has a pear collection, so I decided that a knitted one would be my contribution, and I knit this in the car one day, designing it as I went along.  I was so pleased with the result, that I knit a second, slightly larger version... and am inspired to continue creating other 'little' things.  The little one is about 3" tall, the larger one is about 4":
While we're on the knitting subject, I'm going to share a card I made to thank my knitting instructor (Karen at Serenity Knits in Newmarket, ON) who is quite amazing...  It is supposed to be a miniature sweater, and was knit up in just a few minutes.  I love using up my leftover sock yarns on little things like this:
All supplies are CTMH - cardstock is Ocean, Hydrangea and White Daisy, stamp set is Card Chatter, Thank You, ink is Bubble Gum.  Toothpick knitting needles are from the Dollar store!


3 comments:

Sheri said...

LOVE IT! Way to combine your passions. You are so talented, Karen!

Jennasmom said...

oK, the knit card is to die for....

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute - both the pears and the mini sweater. I just learned to knit a few months ago, and am really enjoying it. Really like the super-small sweater card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails