Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My first Heart 2 Heart challenge!

I've been following the Heart2Heart blog since it began a few months ago, and am very excited to finally participate in their weekly challenge!  The challenges vary from week to week, but this Monday it was a colour challenge: you must use CTMH's Buttercup, Tulip & Black.  Definitely a challenge for me, but it made me think of our wonderful Treasures stamp set.  I originally planned to do a sunset style sponged background, but ended up liking the simple black on white stamping.  Here goes:

All supplies are CTMH: stamp set - Treasures, Argyle backgrounds; cardstock - buttercup, black, white daisy; ink - black, buttercup; tulip brads; cranberry waxy flax.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Great card Karen! Love this. Most of the other entries seem to be focusing on the 'tulip' - love how yours is predominately buttercup/black/white. Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of this card - beautiful!

(it's also nice to see someone from close to home - I did some growing up in Thornhill)

:)

Jayma Malme said...

Ooooooh, I LOVE it! The subtle hint of tulip is awesome. So is the simplicity. Great job!

Haley D. said...

Stunning in its simplicity! I'm totally going to CASE this! ;)

stampmom said...

Very pretty...

Amanda Kowalker said...

Very nice Karen! I'm glad you posted your first H2H challenge! I love them too. ;)

Mary said...

Really lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Pamela OConnor said...

Great card and I still love that stamp set!

Dawn said...

So pretty!! I love the little touches of Tulip!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! thanks for playing along with H2H!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails