Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dynamic Duos #29

It's time for another Dynamic Duos challenge!  Get ready for a frosty one - this week's colours are Marina Mist & Basic Black... with a "Dessert Option" of a snowman theme.  If you don't have the exact colours, just use something similar (I've used Close To My Heart's Crystal Blue & Black), and you can include neutral tones like grey, brown, flesh tones, kraft etc. - but otherwise just stick to our two colours.
     I love this little snowman stamp set - even though it's been retired for a couple of years, I knew that it would make a great snowglobe card, so that's what I came up with for this week's challenge.  He's little, just 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" as that's the scale that fit the image, but it'll work great as a little gift enclosure card, or I may even use it as a tag?  He was a bit awkward to photograph, as he doesn't stand up on his own, you just lift up the globe to see the message underneath.  I added lots of chunky glitter to make him all sparkly, and shaded the edges with Copic markers.
The inside:
Cardstock is Crystal Blue, Black & White; Stamp set is Snow Friends; both CTMH; Martha Stewart coarse glitter; Copic Markers; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento.

Be sure to visit the Dynamic Duos blog to see what all designers have come up with this week (lots of snow and bling!), and we hope you'll join us and play along.
 

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Love that snowglobe shape and the cute little snowman and the glitter too!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, this little card is just "snow" much fun! I love that you made a snowglobe. I'd seen another card similar on pinterest recently and thought it might be fun to try making one....your's cements it for me! I need to make one!

Melissa said...

How cute!!! :) Love that little snow person hanging out in the snow globe! I just love all the sparkle too!

Vicki Burdick said...

OMG, this is adorable, love that snowglobe!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really fun snow globe Karen.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute card, Karen. ;-) That little snowman is adorable, and I love you've glittered it up and made it into a snow-globe shaped card. Fantastic. ;-)

Amy White said...

So cute Karen!! Love how you've created the globe, and that snowman is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails