Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dynamic Duos #49

It's a Black Tie week at Dynamic Duos, and we are using the colours Basic Grey and Basic Black with a dessert option of a Masculine Theme!  I went pretty literal, doing a "black tie" card based on this card by Becky Oehlers that I saw on Pinterest.  I used my Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut the cute little bow tie, and hand drew the pieces to make the jacket.  I wanted the jacket to have a little bit of dimension, so I glued the lapel pieces under the edge of the jacket and bent them back before gluing them down.

I am entering this in the monthly challenge over at One Crazy Stamper (black, white + a colour) where I just happen to be their guest designer this month -  so I have done black/white/gray.  The patterned papers that I used today are from the fabulous One Crazy Stamper store!
Patterned papers are Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards for Papermania; Cardstock is Black & White Daisy, CTMH; Stamp set is Say it in Style, CTMH; Ink is Grey Wool, CTMH; Spellbinder's die; Cricut Artiste Cartridge, CTMH

22 comments:

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Love it! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

This is amazing Karen!!!! Love everything about it!!! Perfection!!

Amy Moore said...

So cute!! How absolutely creative, love it!

Lynne said...

Like this a lot. Your work is very inspiring.

Lorrinda said...

Love this Karen!

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks amazing! He is so dapper! LOVE the patterns you chose this is so perfect!

Anonymous said...

Karen, this card is FANTASTIC. I absolutely love it! Such a perfect card for these colors. I loved it as soon I saw it on the DT blog. Perfect! ;-)

Nancy Ball said...

WOW, that is SPECTACULAR! I had to do a double take to see if it was really a card!

Unknown said...

This is such a great card and perfect for Father's Day.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh boy, did you ever nail this challenge this week, Karen! That patterned paper is perfect for the jacket and the bow tie couldnt be any more perfect! Love it!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That card is just awesome! The shirt - perfection!

Anonymous said...

Very cool idea, TFS at OCS!

Darnell said...

Seriously, you are one crazy good stamper, Karen! The plaid suit, the polka dotty tie, swoon!!

Amy White said...

Fabulous man's card Karen!! Love the shirt and tie effect with the little label on the pocket!

Tracie said...

Fabulous card! Would you mind sharing what size you cut the bow tie?

Linda Norman said...

love this!

Laurie said...

Karen this is darling! I love the plaid suit and the fun patterned tie! ADoraBLE!!

Nikki said...

Beautifull card

Mary said...

Sweet! Tutorial?

Ava Gavloski said...

Karen, i can see the retired clothing designer has gone paper. Wonderful presentation. love it, going to give it a try of course

Michelle C. said...

That's an amazing card! I love it!

DaileyScrapper said...

What a great card. I love it. I think I'm about to scrap lift it.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Yvette

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails