Thursday, February 18, 2016

Shake, Rattle & Roll!

We have a brand new challenge on the Art Impressions blog today - "Shake, Rattle & Roll!"  we want to see your cards with movement.  I have a sweet Easter shaker card to share with you today with some tips on colouring Easter eggs.  My card features the wonderful new clear stamps in Happy Easter Set (Sku #4754):
 This is a 4 1/4" square card, and I'll share how I put it together in a minute.  First I want to tell you how I coloured my eggs.  Here are the Copics that I used on all of my images.  For the shaker card, I just used Y11, R81, B21 and BV01 - and you'll notice that all of the colours that I selected end with a "1".
 My intention was to recreate the look of the hand dipped eggs that we all made as kids.  As long as you select colours that end with the same number - they will blend together, without getting 'muddy'.  I tried various combinations first to see what I liked - all I did was overlap each of the colours by about 1/8".  I went over some of the colours twice, but there is not a lot of repetitive blending involved - let your work sit for a little while, and the colours blend themselves together really nicely.
 As always - test your combos on a bit of scrap cardstock first to make sure you like the effect.  Here's a bit of a rainbow effect that I made using all six colours together:
Here are my finished bunnies:
 To make my shaker, I taped together two different circle dies, to make a 1/4" frame.  I used some leftover packaging that I had on hand, that is about 1/16" thick.  I cut the frame out three times and glued them together in a stack, then filled the middle with sequins, added a circular piece of acetate, and then covered it all with a pink cardstock frame:

 Here you can see my stacked cardboard frames.  I placed the sequins in the middle before adding the acetate & pink cover:
After fussy cutting my bunny out, I glued her to the edge of the frame, and tied some Baker's twine around my card.  Enjoy!
Be sure to enter your creation over on the Ai blog - there are always fabulous prizes to be won!
Copics used: E53, E51, E50, C1, C00, RV10, R20, Y11, R81, BV01, B21

1 comment:

Renee Matarese said...

Karen, this is just so sweet with those fun, bright colors. You do your shakers differently than I do. I'll have to give this a try and save my foam dimensionals whenever possible! Thanks for the insight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails