Thursday, April 14, 2016

The last two Owls

*This is my 1000th blog post - wow!!
Here are the final two owl cards that I made with the recent High Hopes stamps release (you can find them here on the One Crazy Stamper website).  These are two of my favourite cards that I've made over the last while!  Here is Blinky Owl:
 The stump in this one, and the branch in the card below are two of the accessories available with these little owls, as are the sentiments.  I knew that with Blinky's eyes being closed, that I wanted it to be a nightime scene, and I dug through my paper stash to find this silver starry background paper that I've had kicking around for probably more than ten years!!  And here is Happy Owl:
I tried painting a watercolour sky, and didn't like the results, so instead I made my own cloud template and sponged some pale blue ink over it - it's a little brighter in person.  I fussy cut around both the branch and the owl, and popped him & the sentiment up for a little dimension.  So head over to the OCS website to check out the entire release, and if you use SVG files, they're available for the entire collection!

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the cute scenes you created and congrats on 100 posts! That's impressive!

Allie said...

Can't believe this is you're 1000th post - wow!!! These owls are pretty cute :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails